Here we have some extremely useful methods to find out the exact date and time of Windows installation for both – an individual person and a tech guy because there might be a situation when you seriously wanted or needed to know your computer’s Windows installation date and time.
Well, with the help of some simple methods, you can easily know the “Original Install Date” of an operating system installation.
Yes! that’s true.
There are 4 different methods available that can show you when the operating system was last installed on your machine (desktop/laptop).
Find Out the Exact Windows Installation Date and Time
You can try any of the below method or all to determine the accurate Windows installation date and time (OS Install date).
METHOD 1: Find Windows Installation Date Using Windows Folder
This method is the easiest one, you can easily find out when Windows operating system had installed.
First, go to the drive on which Windows OS was installed (most likely it is C) and right-click on Windows folder, and select Properties.
Now see the Credited: entry under the General tab.
Remember: The above method will show the date when the Windows was installed on your computer instead of showing the date of an upgraded version of Windows (ex- upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 version).
METHOD 2: Find Windows Installation Date Using Systeminfo Tool
This is the most preferred method to find out the exact Windows installation date and time via Systeminfo tool.
To find the Windows installation date, use the Systeminfo built-in tool.
Run the Command Prompt (CMD) as administrator, then type the below command and hit Enter.
systeminfo | find /i "Original Install Date"
METHOD 3: Search OS Install Date & Time Using WMIC Command
This is another command trick “WMIC” – Windows Management Instrumentation Command-line.
You can also use the WMIC command to find out Windows Installation date and time.
To search Windows Install date, Press Win Key + R to open Run box and type the following command:
WMIC OS GET installdate
This command will instantly show you the exact install date and time of Windows in the format: Year Month Date Hour Minutes Seconds
When we hit the above command on your computer, we got the following numbers:
Just ignore the numbers after first. (dot)
This means: 2014(year) 04(month) 26(date) 21(hour) 55(minutes) 52(seconds) is the original install date of Windows.
METHOD 4: Find Windows Installation Date Using Windows Registry
You can also find the Windows OS installation date using Windows Registry.
At the time of Windows installation, the OS automatically creates a DWORD (32-bit) Value key that can be used to determine the Windows installation time.
The Windows registry displays the Windows install date in seconds from 1st of January, 1970.
Navigate to the following registry location:
Yes, I know this method is little-bit complicated to check the OS installation date, but you may need it just-in-case.
My Windows had installed 1410920371 since 1st of January, 1970.
You need to be a little expert in mathematics to figure out the exact date.
Well, here I have shared the various methods to find out Windows installation date and time.
If you know any other trick to search the OS installation date, please share with us via comments.
How to Block a Website on Your Computer, Phone & Network
Want to block a website access? Learn how to block any websites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, or any porn or adult sites from your children.
Do you want to block certain websites from your children, employees or any other member of your family? Go through this security guide to learn how to block websites access using Windows hosts file on your desktop or laptop.
This doesn’t require any third-party app or browser extension.
And, today we have again come with the latest computer tutorial that can help you to block websites in Windows 7 and other Microsoft Windows versions.
So that no one in your family or company can access to that particular blocked websites.
Block all unwanted sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, porn or adults websites, proxy sites, games sites, etc.
This website blocking trick is very helpful for parents and employers to block websites that should not be accessed by the children as well as workers.
You can block any number of websites without any limitation.
The blocked websites access will not be possible from any of the internet browsers that has already been installed on your computer such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, etc.
To block websites using Windows hosts file, you need to edit Windows hosts file with the IP address 127.0.0.1 (localhost).
If anyone tries to log into that blocked website, it will automatically redirect to localhost IP address and the webpage will show “Page Can’t Display“.
Block Websites Using Windows Hosts File
Open the Windows hosts file from the operating system’s installation directory and add sites that you want to block following the localhost IP address.
- Go to My Computer
- Locate the drive where Windows has been installed (basically it always C Drive) and go to Windows => System32 => drivers => etc
- Here you will get a file named hosts.
- Right click on hosts file & open it with notepad.
- Go to the last line and use IP: 127.0.0.1 to block websites. Simply add website address after this IP (there must be a space between IP and website link) example: 127.0.0.1 facebook.com
- After adding website addresses in the hosts file, simply save the file on the same location or press Ctrl + S.
- Now it’s done 🙂
Another way to locate hosts file folder
- Open Run box by press Win+R or go to start menu and click on Run.
- Copy-Paste below code in the Run box and hit Enter. You will see hosts file there.
- Now follow steps given in the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th line above.
This method to block websites was for Windows computers.
If you’re using a MAC computer, see below way.
How to Block Websites on a MAC Machine
Now let’s move on a Mac tutorial to block websites access in a Mac system (OS X).
Login to MAC user that have the administrator access and open the Terminal.
- Launch Terminal: Go to Applications => Utilities => Terminal
- In the Terminal window type nano /etc/hosts and hit enter to open the hosts file in text editor. This command may prompt to enter the user’s (login) password for authorization, just type your password.
- In a new line, type the domain name in this format 127.0.0.1 www.example.com to block this particular website. You can add any number of sites to restrict accessing these web pages. Just start a new line for each website address following the above green highlighted code.
- When you finish adding the sites that you want to block, just press ctrl+x and then Y to save changes to the file.
Now, all done!
Reboot your machine to completely finishing the task of blocking websites access.
Block Websites on Your Phone or Tablet
Block websites on an Android phone or tablet using the antivirus app.
Trend Micro antivirus for Android allows users to block websites that they don’t want to access.
- Install the app on Google play store and go to Options => Safe Surfing.
- To disable accessing sites, here you will have to create a free account. Swipe to Parental Controls and click on setup account. After creating the account, you will see an option – Blocked List in the app.
- Tap blocked list and start adding sites that you wanna restrict.
Via using this feature, you can block all unwanted websites.
Then, no one would be able to open these sites on your android smartphone.
Block websites on a Windows phone or tablet
Unfortunately, there is no permanent way to fully restricting a site on Windows mobile.
However, you can use AVG Family Safety browser as it blocks websites with explicit or malicious content by default.
If you consider spending some money to purchase an AVG antivirus license, you can customize the list of blocked sites.
Block websites on an Apple iOS device
Apple has come with a pretty useful feature of handy parental control tools by default that allows users to block websites.
- Go to Settings => General => Restrictions and tab on Enable Restrictions.
- Now type a password for restricting sites. Make sure you’re choosing a different passcode from the one you use to unlock the iOS device.
- Once you set the passcode, scroll down and tap the Websites. Here you can see some various ways to restrict a site. Just start enabling the features that best suit your needs.
When someone tries to access a blocked website, the system shows a message that
You cannot browse this page because it is restricted
To browse that particular blocked site, you need to tap Allow Website and enter key in the Restrictions Passcode.
Block Websites on Your Network
Block websites in the network – the best and easiest way of restricting sites is a WiFi router.
If you’re using a WiFi network in your home, then it’s pretty cool way to block websites.
- Reach to your router via entering default router’s IP address in the browser. Many router brands have a different default IP address. But, most of the WiFi router companies use 192.168.1.1 as a default IP. To check yours, see the back panel of your router or read the manual guide that came with your router.
- Login to the router by entering username and password. Again see router’s user guide or look the back panel of the router to find the login credentials.
- Once you logged into the router, just find an option something like Parental Control, Access Restrictions, Access Management, Internet Access Policy. Whatever the word is there on your router, just understand the mean of the same sense. Here you can set the sites that you wish to block.
- After adding the sites, simply click on Save and reboot your router to make sure all websites blocked successfully.
Any device connected to the router will not have access to the blocked sites.
This is the best solution for employers as well.
If any of the above solutions to block websites seems hard to do for you.
Don’t mess it yourself, just think to take help with a professional tech expert.
Hope all the above ways to block websites in computer, network & smartphone is helping you to restrict unwanted web pages.
If you need some more support, just do comment below and please if you like it, share it on social sites.
How to Hack a Computer Password with Pendrive
Inject into the Windows computer with USB ports or pendrive and easily hack computer passwords like login credentials like usernames, outlook password, etc.
Want to hack computer passwords like username and password?
In this tutorial, you will learn how to hack computer password using a USB storage media (pen drive).
You can hack computer password on any PC without looking into the core files.
To do so, you just need to connect a flash drive with password cracker software into the target PC and it will automatically hack windows password on the go.
This is just an auto hacking USB drive that steals Windows credentials automatically and stores hacked materials on your removal disk.
Well, this computer password hacking software doesn’t need to be installed on any PC, hence it’s a portable tool.
Simply copy some bat files in your pen drive and connect that pen drive into the target computer that you want to hack and within a couple of seconds, it will automatically hack computer password with no efforts.
We post computer hacking tricks at Elkees Media just for learning the purpose and preventing yourself from being hacked.
Our aim is to aware people about these kinds of hacking tricks and tips so that no one can easily cheat you.
Below is the process that will help you to make an auto-hacking USB drive to hack a computer password and other credential information including login details (Gmail, Facebook password), outlook passwords, operating system product keys, etc.
Stuff Needed to Hack Computer Password
Below are the things that you will need for a successful operation:
- A USB removal disk (pen drive). It could be of any size/capacity.
- 2 minutes permission to access your enemy’s computer (desktop or laptop).
- Hacking tools to hack computer password including usernames, passwords, products license keys, etc.
The Above tools will create an auto hacking flash drive.
And, it will contain applications that will recover password from a computer.
The apps are MessenPass, Mail PassView, IE PassView, PasswordFox, Protected Storage PassView and some batch files.
How to Hack a Computer Password with a Flash Drive
1. Free download password finder tool on your computer and open pcinfo folder in the downloaded file.
2. Copy all files and folders from pcinfo folder and paste these files in your pen drive’s main directory (root location).
3. Now your auto-hacking tool is ready to hack computer password. Simply plug the pen drive into that computer you want to hack then wait for at least 2 minutes.
4. After some time remove your pen drive and then, connect it to your machine. Now open dump folder in your pen drive, here you will find all the hacked details.
For better instructions to hack computer password, see “Read Me First” notepad file in the downloaded tool.
Note: Some of the antivirus software detect this tool as an infected file that is not actually.
These password hacking tools only contain batch files and trusted Windows apps.
So don’t forget to temporary disable your antivirus before using this tool to hack a computer password.