There are plenty of Net Setter, 3G Data Cards and USB Dongles available in the market from various brands. People use these modems to access the internet from anywhere, it doesn’t need a WiFi network or a broadband internet connection. The USB internet dongles work instantly to access internet on the desktop, laptop as well as on tablet using the telecom network’s data services via Sim Card. Well, I am writing this post for a procedure to unlock 3G data cards & USB internet dongles & modems.
When you buy 3G data card from a telecom brand like Vodafone, AirTel, Reliance, MTNL, BSNL, MTS, Beetel, Tata Docomo, Tata Photon, they sales data cards with pre-locked for their network sim so that no one can use other company’s data services.
You can not use any other company’s sim card and if you want to use any other network’s sim, you will be needed to unlock USB internet dongle.
Other popular internet dongle manufacturers like Huawei, Micromax, D-link, iBall, Intex, Zebronics and more lets you access the internet from any sim card and these types of data cards also known as Multi Sim modem.
However, if you purchase other network provider data card, you can only access the internet with their own network, hence you can’t install any other sim.
Many telecom network service providers offer data cards at cheap rates to get benefits from the subscribers, however, they bound customer within their own network. But don’t worry following are some of the best methods that will help you to unlock 3G data cards and internet modems.
How to Unlock 3G Data Cards & USB Internet Dongles With DC Unlocker
Before introducing you to DC-Unlocker software, I would like to clarify that this is a paid service, hence you will need to buy credits to unlock 3G data cards & USB internet dongles.
DC Unlocker 2 Client is the most popular and first universal data card unlocking tool. It is extremely fast as it takes less than 1 minute to unlock any data card. Let’s have a look at some key features of DC-Unlocker.
- The tool is specialized for data card unlocking.
- All-in-one USB dongle software worldwide.
- Very fast, takes 5 – 60 seconds to unlock any internet dongle.
- User-friendly interface – easy to use for everyone.
- In the new update release, it automatically adds new data card models.
- Auto detects COM ports & models, no need to select manually.
This unlocking tool supports almost all USB dongles like Vodafone 3G Data Cards, Reliance 3G Dongles, AirTel 3G USB Internet Dongles, Idea Data Cards, MTS 3G Dongles, MTNL 3G Dongles, BSNL USB Dongles, Beetel Modems, Tata Docomo 3G Dongle, Huawei modems for these models – E 1731, E173, E1732, E 153, E175, 303HW / GL10P, E303F, etc. Check the complete list of supported models.
How to Use DC-Unlocker to Unlock USB Dongles & Data Cards
Following are the step-by-step instructions to unlock 3G data cards, modems and USB internet dongles.
- Data Card Unlocker Software free download from DC-Unlocker Website.
- Install dongle unlocker tool on your computer.
- After the installation of the software, connect your USB Data Card to the USB port of your computer.
- Run the DC-Unlocker software and select the modem manufacture brand and its model. In the model selection option, it is suggested to choose Auto detect (recommended).
- Now click the small lens button to scan your device and once scanning finished, go to Unlocking tab and click Unlock.
As I mentioned above that the tool is extremely fast, so please wait for few seconds and that’s done.
Another Way to Unlock 3G Data Card & Huawei Modems
This is another trick to unlock 3G data cards and USB dongles. If the above method doesn’t work for you, you can give it a try.
- Free download Universal MasterCode generator from huaweifirmwares.com
- The Universal Master Code tool doesn’t need installation. Just save it on your PC and it’s ready to use.
- Launch the code calculator tool.
- Switch to the tab supporting your modem manufacturer and model.
- Enter the IMEI number of your data card and hit the Calculate button. More likely, the IMEI number sometimes printed behind the dongle.
- Within a couple of seconds, it will reveal Unlock Code and Flash Code.
Now insert an unsupported sim card in the dongle and connect the data card to the USB port of your system. When the system asks to enter the passcode, you can use the above Unlock or/and Flash code to unlock your dongle.
Is it failed to unlock your device? There is possibility that the system wouldn’t show the unlock option because your modem might have a locked firmware
Some of the companies sell the dongle with under their brand label with modified dongle firmware so that no one can use other network’s services or sim card.
In this situation, you will need to upgrade USB dongle firmware manually. If you’ll ask your telecom company to unlock your data card, they will deny the solution, hence they don’t want anyone to use another company’s sim card. But following is the solution on how to update dongle firmware manually?
How to Upgrade Dongle Firmware
Every data card, modem & USB dongle has different firmware image, so you’ll need to download the right firmware to upgrade your dongle’s software. Following are the steps to free download and upgrade Huawei dongle firmware.
- Go to huaweifirmwares.com and search for your Huawei dongle model’s firmware.
- Download and install the firmware update with firmware updating tool (available in the downloaded file).
- Now download and install Huawei Mobile Partner or Huawei Dashboard. Huawei Mobile Partner free download from software informer.
- Launch the mobile partner software and go to Settings => Settings Preferences => Profile Management.
- Simply add a new profile, by entering APN and Access name details of your new telecom operator. If you don’t know the Dial-up details, just call to your sim provider’s customer care on 198.
Unable to find the firmware for a particular dongle model? Search it on Google with the keywords – your dongle brand + model number firmware free download. Ex: Huawei E1875 firmware free download.
Recommended for you: How to Block SIM Card using USSD Code.
And that’s it! As soon as you upgrade your Huawei dongle’s firmware software, it will automatically replace the new firmware with old one. As a result, your USB data card will be unlocked for all sim cards.
Since the above tutorial is using third-party software to unlock the devices, hence, we don’t guarantee any fault occurs while unlocking the dongles.
Although, according to many reviews and users comments, the dongle unlocker software & code calculator works fine and really helping people to unlock their data cards.
Well, in our case the above methods to unlock 3G data cards is working great. Hope it is also helping you to unlock your dongles. If you’re facing any problem while unlocking your USB modems, just contact your local dealer. Like this post? Please share with your friends on your social profiles.
How to Get Name of an Unknown Mobile Number Holder
HostGator Anniversary Sale: Up to 60% OFF on Web Hosting
Top 100 Insurance Companies in the United States
- Phone3 years ago
Amazing Bluetooth Names for Your Mobile Phones
- Phone4 years ago
How to Block SIM Card using USSD Code
- Phone1 year ago
Ways to Trace Phone Number to Find Owner Name & Address Location
- Apps2 years ago
Get Notification When a Particular Facebook Friend Come Online
- Blogger4 years ago
Free .net Domain Name Registration in India with Web Hosting from Google
- Apps3 years ago
How to Find Unknown Caller Details With Truecaller
- Networking3 years ago
Great WiFi Names for Your Wireless Networks
- Facebook4 years ago
Accept/Reject All Facebook Friend Requests at Once