Got bored with the default WiFi names that assigned to your wireless networks? Well, here you’ll see some funny WiFi names for your Wireless devices that you can replace with the default name. If you have ever browsed to the wireless networks while searching for your own, you may have probably found the other WiFi network names with default boring WiFi names. You may get surprised and amused looked at your neighbor’s broadcasting names of the wireless network, if they are using something like great WiFi names.
Earlier I have shared 55 cool Bluetooth names for mobile phones and today in this post you will see the list of funny WiFi network names.
This post is also covering the tutorial on how to change WiFi password and name.
There are so many creative people in the world who always try to make their life so hilarious and for that kind of people, we always post something amazing on this blog. So let’s look upon below funny WiFi names that you will surely love.
Funny WiFi Names for Your Wireless Devices – Routers
Well, you could be first to display the best WiFi names to your neighbors. Below is the list of funny wi-fi network names.
- It Hurts When Acquires IP
- Bring Beer and Women!
- Get Off My Lawn
- NYPD Networks
- Mini Rocket
- Your GF Has Nicer Tits
- Get Your Own Net Bro!
- Virus Detected! Don’t Connect
- WiFi Not Found!
- WiFi Password is Password
- Device Not Found!
- Device Error!
- I’m Paid!
- Sweet Devil!
- BBC (Bluetooth Broadcasting Center)
- Error! Contact your ISP
- Don’t Try to Connect
- Error found!
- IP Conflicts!
- Your Dad!
- Hey! Don’t Suck
- Anonymous Network!
- This WiFi is not FREE!
- You Fool, Don’t Connect!
- Hey Son! Connect Me
- Looking Your Device!
- Fatal Error!
- Press Power Button to Connect
- No Internet Access!
- NSA monitors this Network
- F***k Y***u
- Untrusted Network
- 2 Girls, Single Router
- It’ll Lock Your Device!
- Bill Wi the Science Fi
- Pay Your Internet Bill
- Virgin Group!
- FBI Surveillance Van #11
- (.) (.) Boobies Network
- Virus Infected WiFi
- 4G WiFi Network
- Abraham Linksys
- OMG! Want to Watch Porn
- Police PCR Van #50
- WiFi Network Unavailable
- Enjoy our Sex Noises @ 2 PM
- I am your BOSS
- My Private Network!
- Mobile HotSpot WiFi
- Terrorist Network
The above list of funny WiFi names is not my own creation. I have collected all these names over the internet.
Like the above funny WiFi names for your wireless devices and want to change it now? Below is the complete step by step tutorial on how to change WiFi password and name.
How to Change WiFi Name With the above Best WiFi Names?
It is called Network Name – SSID (Service Set Identifier) that broadcasts the wireless network with a default brand name. Often, the router manufacturers always name the SSID the name of the company that made it, for example, Cisco, D-Link, Netgear, Belkin, etc.
There is one major loss of default WiFi names I; it shares the router manufacturer information to the hackers and they have a good chance to break into your network once they aware of the manufacturer of the router.
Well, default SSID is pretty hard to remember and it’s boring too. So if you want to change your WiFi SSID with some cool WiFi names, let’s have look at below steps to change WiFi password and name.
1. Check the Connection: Make sure the router is powered on and it is connected to the internet either via Wireless network or LAN port. Please note that once the SSID is changed with your desired Wi-Fi name, you’ll lose connection to the router. To reconnect, you will have to search the wireless network with your changed WiFi name and reconnect that again.
2. Enter IP Address: Launch any web browser window like IE, Firefox or Chrome and type the router’s IP address in the address bar and press Enter. Each router manufacturer has a different IP address(s) and it is mentioned in the user manual and behind most of the routers.
You can get the router default IP address from the back-side of the router. Below is the list of IP addresses of the most popular WiFi routers.
- Qwest (AKA CenturyLink), Netgear, Trendnet, D-Link, Senao: 192.168.0.1
- Microsoft, Belkin, and SMC: 192.168.2.1
- Linksys, 3Com, TP-Link, Asus, US Robotics, Dell: 192.168.1.1
- Apple: 10.0.1.1
- Macintosh: Open the Network Control Panel. Click the Apple Menu => elect System Preferences => Network and look for the Router. Here is your router’s default IP address.
3. Log In to Router: There are two ways to configure your router. First is web interface and second is router’s software. Most of the routers come with the software that allows you to make changes and configure the router. But here I am illustrating you with the web interface.
Enter the router’s username and password. You can find the default username and password from the router’s back-side.
4. Navigate to Wireless Setting page: Once you successfully logged into the router’s web-based setup, look for the tab Wireless => Wireless Settings (or similarly named as Wireless).
5. Look for SSID: Try to look the field as SSID, Wireless Network Name, Network Name, Router Name or anything else variant. This may be pre-filled with the default router’s name (Linksys, dlink012, etc). In this field, you can change the default wireless name with any of the above funny WiFi names you like or anything else you want.
6. Look for the PSK Passphrase: If you also want to change WiFi password, look for the field similar as PSK Passphrase, Password, Network password, etc. In this field, you can change default WiFi password with any password you want. Refer the router’s user manual for more details.
7. Save the Settings: Once you did the changes, simply click on Save, Apply, Save Settings or anything else that means the same.
Now you have successfully updated the default WiFi name and password with your own. Search WiFi names or network again and reconnect to your network with the updated credentials.
Hope you will like the above funny WiFi names and tutorials on how to change WiFi password and name. Instead of my hard work, what do you think I want? Please use below social buttons to share this list of best WiFi network names on social networking site. If you know some other funny WiFi names and want to share, just let us know via comments below.