Willing to learn about Ubuntu operating system or just installed Ubuntu, but not sure where to start from? Well, here in this Ubuntu tutorial I am sharing a startup Ubuntu Guide for beginners that can help a fresh user to learn about using the Ubuntu OS.
Earlier I have also covered some useful Ubuntu keyboard shortcuts in my another post. While reading this Ubuntu Guide, you can also check the list of Ubuntu keyboard shortcuts for beginners.
Our startup Ubuntu guide help MS Windows users or freshers using Ubuntu more easily. If you are also a newbie for Ubuntu OS, then this Ubuntu guide will help you to familiarize yourself with some general tasks and will surely boost your Ubuntu knowledge.
What is Ubuntu OS (Linux)?
Ubuntu is one of the most popular and widely used open source operating system in all over the world. This OS performs better with all major computer machines like Notebooks & Laptops, Desktop Computers, and Servers. The Ubuntu OS contains all the necessary tools and applications that a person needs to work on.
You can use it at your workplace, home, university and school without any obligations. Ubuntu is 100% free of cost operating system and having no extra cost for its enterprise version as well.
Startup Ubuntu Guide for Beginners
Got bored using MS Windows OS or newly installed Ubuntu on your machine or just want to learn Ubuntu? The reasons could be anything, you were Google that’s why you are here. Well, look upon below Ubuntu guide that can make your Ubuntu experience little better.
1. Backup & Synchronize: You can easily access these utility tool via System => Preferences => Ubuntu One
2. Browse the World: You can use internet by most popular internet browser Firefox via going through Application => Internet => Firefox Web Browser
3. Email Clients & Calendar: Go through the Applications => Office => Evolution Mail to manage your emails and calendar tasks
4. Office: Go to Applications => Office => OpenOffice.org via this tool you can read, write or edit any office files like Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
5. Message & Video Calls: Here you can do instant chatting and live video calls with your colleagues, friends, relatives. Simply go to Application => Internet => Empathy IM client.
You can walk through the entire Ubuntu by MenuBar that is avilable at the top left of your desktop/screen by default. There are 3 sub-menu appear on the MenuBar – Applications, Places, and System.
- Applications are for installed Ubuntu apps & software center.
- Places to look for the files and folders on your Ubuntu computer.
- The System is for Ubuntu settings, helps and customization.
How to Install Application in Ubuntu?
Ubuntu comes with an inbuilt software center that offers a wide range of free apps and tools. You can install any of your desired application in a single click. You don’t need to download any Ubuntu apps manually. This is the easiest way to install Ubuntu applications and stay you away from software installation process like usually happens in Windows OS. Just open the ubuntu software center and there are thousands of applications ready to be installed.
Well, I know this is not a complete Ubuntu Guide for beginners. However, I have covered the basic topics in this Ubuntu guide to familiarize you with the basic features of Ubuntu OS. If you still need more help, you can visit ubuntuguide.org.
If you have something more to share about Ubuntu, please do comment below and help us to add some more useful Ubuntu tricks and tips in this beginner Ubuntu guide.
How to Get Name of an Unknown Mobile Number Holder
HostGator Anniversary Sale: Up to 60% OFF on Web Hosting
Top 100 Insurance Companies in the United States
- Phone3 years ago
Amazing Bluetooth Names for Your Mobile Phones
- Phone4 years ago
How to Block SIM Card using USSD Code
- Phone1 year ago
Ways to Trace Phone Number to Find Owner Name & Address Location
- Apps2 years ago
Get Notification When a Particular Facebook Friend Come Online
- Blogger4 years ago
Free .net Domain Name Registration in India with Web Hosting from Google
- Apps3 years ago
How to Find Unknown Caller Details With Truecaller
- Networking3 years ago
Great WiFi Names for Your Wireless Networks
- Facebook4 years ago
Accept/Reject All Facebook Friend Requests at Once