Enjoy Safe And Secure Online Shopping
With the fastest online world, world wide web (WEB) become most useful utility tool of our life. With the great online services and facilities, internet also a dangerous place that caught many peoples everyday on online phishing scams. Those peoples who are not much aware about internet security and hackers scams, they easily stuck on online frauds. To help these peoples today I am sharing some important security tips to fight with online phishers while you do online shopping.
Also See: Alternatives to The Popular Web Services
Online shopping has made our lives much easier. Online shopping not only save our valuable time, but it also help users to get the best deals right at their doorsteps. With some couples of great discounts, freebies and speedy delivery, it led more consumers to opt for online shopping. Many people still wary for online shopping due to online risk as they are not much aware about online securities. They still having concern for online transactions.
Cases of online phishing increasing day by day, however it does not mean that it can not be prevent. Here are a few things you should keep in mind while you do online shopping to ensure that your online transaction is safe and secure.
Security Tips For Save And Secure Online Shopping
1. HTTP / HTTPS: While you do online shopping, you should always check whether the URL of the payment page starts with https:// or not. http:// is not secure for online security, however https:// is secure. Always use the webpage that begins with https:// as the “S” in the https:// indicate that the webpage is safe for online data transmission.
2.Secure Socket Layout (SSL): Always use the website that have valid Secure Socket Layout (SSL) digital certificate. SSL digital certificate always points that the website is secure and authorize. To know more information about the certificate, click on the Lock icon shown in green text in the URL link.
3. Virus & Spyware: Always use a good antivirus and anti spyware software on your PC with latest and update internet browser as it prevents unauthorized access to your computer.
4. COD: Always refer the online shopping store that offers Cash on Delivery (COD) features.
5. Credit Card: Always use a low credit limit credit card for online shopping as it saves you from a big lose.
6. Cross Check Bank Statement: Periodically check your banks credit cards/debit card or bank statement for unknown transactions. In case you found any unknown activity, immediately contact the concerned authorities.
7. Look Around: Always cross check the reviews and feedback comments of any online shopping store with whom you want to shop with.
8. Cookies Handling: Never select for “remember my password” at the time of login and registration. Do not forget to delete browsing history, cookies and caches.
9. Track Details: Always keep records for all online order such as order number, transaction number, confirmation number, etc. If possible take the printout of made transaction for online shopping that contain company’s name, address, phone number and other important information.
10. Phishing Website: Beware of phishing websites and online shopping stores. Never respond to any unknown emails asking for your personal information, even if that email link to your bank account (never share bank credential over the email).
Well, these online security tips will surely help you to enjoy online shopping without any hassle. Follow these steps and enjoy a delightful online experience and do not forget to share this article with your friends and relatives.
All the best