Using inspect element in any web browser you can easily reveal hidden passwords. Inspect Element is a tool for web developers and specially used for web design & development of a website. Well, today I will show you how to use inspect element as a password cracker tool.
Inspect Element (web development tools) is also a best tool for bloggers. Using it anyone can inspection the page elements, style and other things and edit that on the go. Inspect element lets you to see everything on a DOM tree.
So learn how to use inspect element as a password cracker tool in Chrome, Mozilla and Internet Explorer to unmask passwords that are hidden behind asterisk keys.
Asterisks are for safety purpose to hide your typed passwords from straying eyes. Whenever you type something on a password field, it automatically turns into the asterisks or bullet characters. However, in any was you ever wish to know the original keys behind those asterisk, here I have a trick below.
You don’t need to be a code savvy guy to view hidden passwords in any browser. You can show hidden passwords like 123 without using any software, scripts, coding or add-on. This is an easiest way to reveal asterisk password by just using inspect element – also a password cracker tool.
Use Inspect Element As a Password Cracker Tool – Google Chrome
If you are using Google Chrome and there are remembered password saved on a log in page, simply use inspect element as a password cracker and it will quickly reveal hidden passwords. Let’s see how.
1. Go to the webpage where password is already filled in black dots or asterisk keys.
2. Select all characters of asterisk password and choose “Inspect element” by pressing right-click on selected characters. See below screenshot:
3. It will open a dialog box with HTML source codes of that particular webpage on which your password line will be highlighted (refer below screenshot).
4. Here password cracker will show you the magic. Just double click on “password” under the “type” attribute (type=”password”) and rename it with “text” then hit enter. Once you rename “password” with “text”, the hidden password will be disclosed.
See the above picture, the password field is now showing the original password instead of asterisks.
How to Reveal Hidden Passwords in Mozilla Firefox
Using Firefox instead of chrome? Don’t worry, use inspect element as a password cracker tool in Firefox to view passwords hidden behind asterisk characters.
1. Go to log in page where password is already filled.
2. Right click on password field or asterisk password and click “Inspect Element”.
3. Look into the source section highlighted in blue line (appeared pop-up). Double click on “type” HTML attribute and replace the input value from “password” to “text”. It will show you original password instead of black dots. See below set of screenshots:
How to View Hidden Passwords Under Asterisks in Internet Explorer
Are you a great fan of Internet Explorer and love to browse internet on Windows’s inbuilt web browser. Well, there are huge more features and security available on Chrome & Firefox, but you still use IE here I am also covering some steps for Internet Explorer (version 8+) that will disclose hidden password by using Inspect Element as a password cracker tool.
Follow below steps to reveal passwords in Internet Explorer:
1. Open the web page where you want to use inspect element as a password cracking tool.
2. Press F12 button on your keyboard and click on password field using “Select Element“.
3. Double click on password under “type” HTML attribute and change the input value from “password” to “text” in the type attribute. See below set of screenshots.
The password hidden behind bullets are now revealed.
We have the tendency to click the “Remember Me” option while log in and save the log in details for easy future sign in. But incase you’ve forgot that password, this trick can help you to retrieve that saved password.
Well, this was the simple trick on how to use inspect element as a password cracker tool in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. Give it a try, it’s great.