Did you ever need to embed a Microsoft Office document file like PDF, Docx, XLSx in blogger post? Well, below you will see how to add office files directly into blog posts.
Many bloggers use BlogSpot blogger service because this blogging site is free from Google Inc. Google does not charge anything for the blogger service at www.blogger.com, anyone can start a blog on BlogSpot absolutely free on sub domain of blogspot.com. But there are some lack of features as compared to other open source blogging software like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.
Well let’s talk about how to show / embed / add or attach Microsoft official document files like docx, xlsx, pdf, odf, rdf directly in your blog post.
Although BlogSpot does not provide any inbuild feature to embed the document file into the post, but in this blogger tutorial I will show you how to embed your document files in the post including pdf, spreadsheets, xls, docx, etc. using Google drive.
Google drive is another Google product that allows Google users to store important data to the online data storage, in other words it is also called cloud storage.
Embed PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT File in Blog Post
First Case: If you have hosted or stored your document somewhere on web, then you can embed your document file easily by using below iframe code.
Just you need to go to HTML section of your post in which you wish to embed doc or any other file and past the below code where you want to show or embed that particular file.
<iframe> src=”https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Mc_E5_xQS4Y29SbmRGcmJXQTQ/edit?usp=sharing&embedded=true” style=”width:650px; height:550px;” frameborder=”0″></iframe>
1. Change the https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Mc_E5_xQS4Y29SbmRGcmJXQTQ/edit?usp=sharing with your own pdf or any other file url or link.
2. Change the size of documented iframe width:650px; height:550px according to your blog template.
Second Case: If your file is not available online, then you have to store your file somewhere on web so that you can embed into blogger post. Follow below procedure to upload your file on web data storage.
1. Go to drive.google.com => Log in to your account with your existing Gmail ID.
2. Now click on Upload icon to upload your file and when the upload finished simply right click on that uploaded file and choose Share.
3. After click on share. You will see a pop-up window, where you have to change the file permission under Who has access. To change the file permission, just click on Change under Private – Only the people listed below can access.
4. As soon as you click on Change, you will see Sharing Settings, now click on Anyone with the link and hit save button.
5. Now copy Link to share URL, use the link in above given code and follow First Case step.
Well, this was how you can embed a office file in blogspot post like PDF, Docx, spreadsheet, etc. If you know any alternate way, please share that with us via comment below.